The Butterfly Lovers? Huh?

Exactly. That was my reaction.

Inspiration doesn't come as and when you want it to. You may work on it for hours, but nothing is produced. Zero. Nil. Blank.

Then, something came up. I woudn't say it is 100% original, but I could say it is 99% lah. I finally created a pair of butterflies for my Wedding Card. Okay, not exactly create, but did a lot of surfing on google, and finally, decided to merge this two butterfly designs with some love flowing between. It may seems simple, but hey, lots of work are done here.

When I finally showed it to my mum, her first impression was BUTTERFLY? A PAIR OF BUTTERFLIES? She then, briefly told me about this Chinese story....err..they call it "The Legend of the Butterfly Lovers". OMG. After googling..OMG. The Butterfly Lovers or Liang Zhu is a Chinese Legend about the tragic romance between two lovers, Liang Shanbo and Zhu Yingtai, from whom the name of the legend is known in Chinese
(梁山伯與祝英台, pinyin: Liáng Shānbó yǔ Zhù Yīngtái, often abbreviated as "梁祝", Liáng-Zhù). The legend is sometimes regarded as the Chinese equivalent to Romeo and Juliet.

OMG. Did they mention TRAGIC? Romeo & Juliet?

That's it. Mum asked me to scrap off the Butterfly idea. "How about those cute little butterflies I bought for crafts? And those for the venue deco?" Luckily, she just forbids me from using it in my wedding cards. Phew! There goes my little design...

No comments: