The "Brothers"

For the past years that I have been with my bf together, I realise that, I have not been "into" my bf's life. Many times, he asked me to join him for gatherings/meetings with his bunch of friends, I always seem to have excuses most of the times. I've been to a few, but I think - it has been quite some time since I last attended some gatherings with him.

My bf, doesn't force me to go, or sulk if I don't go....he always respect my decision, and allow me to do things I wanted to. This is why I do love him for letting me to be what I want to be, and do what I want to do. Our relationship is such that, we always try to put ourselves in each other shoes..if you think your other half is going to"suffer", don't do it. Just don't.

He asked, "One of my friend having a housewarming, u wanna go with me?"
I replied, "Erm, you want me to go wif you?"
He replied, "Yeah, I really do."
Because, he puts in the word "really do", I agree. :)
I dread it, but I agreed. This man is going to be my partner in life, I have to, I reckoned. My life will be his, and his life will be mine. For the rest of our lives. (Geez)

So I went. It was a little uneasy at first, as I was trying to fit in to this group of strangers. Everyone was surprised to see me. All of them. "Finally, it'a about time!"....they must have thought!
I tried my best to smile and be as sweet as I could be. I finished my food, laughed at their jokes, and behaved. Not hard, actually.

I would imagine myself, ten years ago....I would've kicked a fuss and asked him to take me home after 30 minutes. The best part was, I did not even ask to go back...I let him enjoy his time with his buddies.

Hmm...they said that, when you age (not that I am THAT old), you'd become a better and wiser person. And I am glad that I did. :)

On the way home, he described more of his buddies to me, that I have never ever known. If I have not gone, I would never know that these are his buddies and one whom helped him in his business. Some are more elder, the others are perhaps younger than him. There are five of them, "brothers" as they would define themselves, and my dearest bf is brother number 3. I asked him how they came up with the ranking, cuz, a 40++ year old was ranked the 4th...He too, have no idea :)

Anyway. All of them are looking forward to our wedding. It's about time, they said. Ahh...same respond I got for every person I announce our wedding date.

No comments: