Message Cards DIY


One of my DIY projects are message cards. When guests arrive for the dinner, they will be handed a card and are encouraged to write their wishes/blessings for the newly weds.

My design is pretty simple here, I am just using colours & fonts to my advantage. Initially, I plan to have few designs to use, but one of my friend commented it might end up looking err..."rojak"? Nevermind I thought, will keep on designing it until the final countdown...Haha, no sweat!

When I told my dearest mum of my intention, her immediate response was.."Aiyaa...wasting time on small things AGAIN!"...Although, she said that the cards looks "nice" - she also told me not to expect her friends to write any messages. "You know lah, uncle, aunties - would not entertain/do these type of things one lah.."

Of course I don't expect EVERYONE to write on the cards. But I am sure those close and "younger" ones would not hesitate to write a small message :) After the wedding, I plan to use these cards in my Wedding Scrapbook for memories!

The only problem now is to find a some nice branches to hang these cards at the entrance of the restaurant. Oops, not problem...but challenge! Yah! Challenge to find the right branch, with the right height and the right curves.

So! The Wedding Wishes Tree project will continue!

2 comments:

littleComma said...

the cards do look nice ! :) do more and post up ya... then we will pick the best (or 2). :P

so it's a wishing tree then huh? where do you want to potong pokok? hahahha ...

yinleng said...

Hello, so do share if those aunties wrote something for you ;)