Red Wine? Anyone?

I asked my mum whether any Red Wines are to be served during our wedding dinner. She said, "Of course dear, you know how expensive it is if we were to serve hard liquor?" Costs aside, I wouldn't want my guests to be madly drunk and embarass themselves in front of hundreds of people! So, yeah, no hard liquor please!

Stumbled upon this issue on d bride's forum, and this is really funny:-

"too expensive wine are useless, guests - who mainly not a wine connoisseur do not know how to appreciate wine. n i doubt the banquet manager will have those wide-rimmed wine glass to let the wine to be appreciated properly. they will just gulped the wine down their throat and do not even know wat is the meaning of 'after taste'.better get something cheaper with moderate quality to be served during dinner. if guests dunno how to appreciate n leave half-empty glasses all around, we won't feel so heart pain.

"Besides the above-mentioned, sometimes guests just keep drinking & drinking for the sake of making their 'angpow' worth it. There goes all the expensive wines."

LOL!! As for me, my main concern is not the wine...it is this butterfly placecard that i DIYed, it has to sit on a wine glass...so, now that we are serving wine, I will get this project rolling!! The guest name will be printed on the wing...niceeee...




That's me! I am always good in planning the "other" things, and not the "main" thing! If anyone of you needs the above template, do visit Martha Stewart's website :)

2 comments:

jcjy2009 said...

Hi i think your butterfly place cards are really nice! I tried looking through martha stewart's website, but couldn't find the template. Do you mind sending to me the link/template at lovely.lace@live.com.my? thanks vy much :)

SuGAL said...

Hello JCJY2009

Just saw ur message here :P
Check your email! :)