Darah Manis

According to my Malay colleagues, brides-to-be are believed to have "darah-manis"...aka "sweet-blood" (direct translation!). It is the time where brides-to-be are prone to small/little "accidents" that will cause small injuries. Royal brides-to-be will be required to stay at home or confined within one's home, not allowed to go out at all! Wahhhh....

Last Friday, while on the way to work..I stopped at a nearby shop and slipped! My poor toe was severely in pain, with scratches on my leg. Ouch! I quickly visited a Dr Suresh, whom gave me a painful jab on my little toe, and snipping away some flesh and nails. OMG! Now my toe looks so ugly :(. He finishes it with a nice bandage around my toe! I was given an MC to rest at home as I will experience severe pain after the anasthetic is gone...Geee...

Today, barely 5 days after the incident..and my toe was about to heal...I went to the bank, it was raining and it was slippery...and I FELL! Can you believe this? I FELL. POKAI. Seriously POKAI. This time, I hurt my back..bruises all over. :(

Not wanting to believe in "Darah Manis" story, I blame in on my slipper. On both unfortunate occasion, I was wearing the same darn slipper. This slipper was purchased from a Manicure shop. Bye Bye Slipper!

No comments: