Trial Makeup

Her name: Ms Cathy, a freelance MUA. I stumbled upon her at a bride's forum, where she advertised her services at http://www.simplychic.com.my/

The one thing I really do like about her is that she is a very responsible lady, and does follow up promptly. That's why I decided to give her a try. PLUS, her package price is reasonable :)

We met at 3pm, she came into my house with 3-4 bags. I requested a trial WITH hairdo. If I decided not to engage her, I will need to pay her RM 50/=. The trial lasted for more than 3 hours. It is considered LONG hours for a bridal makeup. It could be due to her lack of experience? Or, perhaps, some of her tools were missing? (since she admitted accidentally leaving one bag out for this trip) Whatever it is, it took 3++ hours!

I luv the makeup. So did my mum, sis and a girlfriend whom was there. I luv the hair, cuz from front, it is how I wanted it to be. However, all of them commented that my hair is "too" messy (i requested for messy look) and that, Cathy's skill in hair wasn't too good. Hmmm.

This MUA puts in so much effort, I can tell. After the whole thing, she apologises to me as she feels that she didn't do a good job...cuz, her tools were not with her. Hmm. Nice gal. And she even refuse to take RM 50 from me, instead, she insist that I do another trial with her. And this time, she will make sure she does not leave out ANY bags!

At night, I asked my bf of the style. Indeed, he luvs it - the makeup - it was very natural. He also commented on my messy hair :P Cathy sms me later that night, and apologise and ask to for a change to arrange for another trial.

Hmm. She is a nice gal. I like her. :) She uses MAC, Bobbi Brown, etc - good stuffs! Compared to my bridal studio MUA whom uses XXX brands...from China, I think? :P


So, decided. Will get her as my MUA for the day! I called her, and informed her the good news...we have both agreed to take a break from our busy schedule to do the HAIR one day :)

No comments: