Monster In Law

This is actually a movie title, starring Jennifer Lopez and Jane Fonda. Personally, I heard of too many tales and horror stories of living together with one. In today's modern society, I still can't believe that many people still expect the wife to stay under one roof with MIL. Two WOMEN under one roof? Well..unless the other one is her mum....the rest will never ever ever work out. Sisters, aunties, grandma, etc, etc...let's face it, we, women know ourselves much better! The only woman whom can tolerate us, is the one and only...important person in our lives....our MUM!

As for me, I am so close to mum that I dread to think living without her. The fact that I am moving out, once I wed....never fails to dampens my mood. Sigh. I am SOOOO used to having her with me. You see, my mum can't stay with me until my sis decides to move out/away or decide to run off with some guy. Hehe. Mothers. They are so determined to look after you, no matter young or old. :)

I do hope I don't need to stay with my MIL. Not that I dislike her. She is a nice lady, actually. But, living together? I know myself well enough. My character. My attitude. Compromise? I hope I don't need to...The best way to remain in a happy-ever-after r/ship...is to NOT live under one roof. I do hope my bf can understand about this.. (if he ever read this blog)


So, I am adding a 2nd wish list here (apart from smoking):
"I wish and wish, that I don't need to stay with MIL ever" :P

MIL is best kept away from the DIL. This way, r/ship will remain happy :D for all!!

1 comment:

littleComma said...

Hmm ... How lucky of me ... :)

And remember, it's all in your hands.