Love is a 'decision'?

A good friend forwarded me a really interesting article. At times like this, reading such article does brought back a little hope for me. :) The article was titled, "Did I marry the right person?" Interesting.

I was once told, that fate does not determine our life path. Most people will surrender to fate - whether good or bad, but of course, mostly when bad things happens. But if we think deeply, it is really in us to determine what we want, and how it turns out to be. Our character, "interacts" outside our body and most of the time, our mind determines our action. Yes, we tend to follow the heart, emotions run high - but then again, the heart can't think by itself, isn't it? We just let our mind thinks that it's not working...let the heart take over. That's why we do many things emotionally, especially women.

So, happy or sad, it is in our hands. We control our emotions. That's why, I do agree that Love is a decision rather than pure emotional feeling. If you decide to love a man whole-heartedly, you will. If you decide to look elsewhere, you will have 101 reasons to justify such actions. If you decide to forgive, you will forget. If you decide to be unforgiven, you will not forget.

Cause and effect. That's why some say, "fate is in our hands"...come to think of it now...isn't that true? :)

1 comment:

littleComma said...

"God determines who walks into your life but it's up to u to decide who u let walk away, who u let stay and who u refuse to let go"

~ This shall stay wif me, reminding me constantly of my decision.