The Hunt Begins..

Hunting for Wedding Gown that is...people around me is freaking me out. Everyone is telling me just how little time I have. Errm... 2 months ++ .... still lots of time to me :P

Anyway! My girlfriend pushed me to go hunting for gowns. And that is what I did today! From the bridal forum, I got to know that custom made gowns are quite affordable too! So, made up my mind to check out this shop (http://www.neuweddinggown.com/). It was located in PJ, same row with RHB Bank in SS2.

The gown selection was so so limited! And they have even more limited selection for my size :P I was totally disappointed! The lady (only lady, could be the owner) gave me a CD which has 1,001 designs for me to choose. She said, they can tailormade the wedding gown for me. Price range from RM600 to RM 1,000. Quite reasonable..but too bad, no trial!

Next, we headed to JUST WARDROBE located in Damansara Uptown. Again, limited choices and size! I gave them my number and they will call once they have stocks! Aiihhh....imagine...this bride has no gown!

My girlfriend didn't give up, she suggested instead of buying the gown, perhaps we should rent from bridal houses. Without hesitation, we headed straight to Jalan Ipoh. It started to rain. Our criteria now will be those big bridal houses, as they should have more choices. First stop, Taipei Taipan. What a name :P When we stepped into this bridal house, we were impressed. It is beautiful and professionally designed. Spacious. And yay, they have gowns MY size.


The SA lead us to this special room and I tried on many gowns. Many. The SA was so patience, and I really appreciate her effort. I finally settled for 1 WG and 1 EG and we sat down to negotiate for the price. And voila, RM 1,000 for 1 WG, 1 EG and 1 coat for my hubby. Of course the SA tried to sell me some package which includes photography, etc for only RM 1,988 (most basic)...and she was cool when I told her that I need to discuss with my hubby. :) I was so happy that finally, there is a gown that fits me.

My girlfriend, who was pregnant, suggest that we go for more bridal studio and check them out. The 2nd studio, it has 3 floors. Wow! But gosh, the gowns were so old fashion!! And the SA was soooo unprofessional. The gowns she picked was so ugly! Yucks. Reluctantly, I tried them on, and my girlfriend was like "Yucks!". So, I told the SA that it wasn't suitable...err...thank you for your time..but she insist....she said, "Let me bring you to our Designer Gown Area". Well..ok. And...OMG, it was equally ugly. :P So, I put back my clothes, thank her for assistance, and this girl...while in the lift, asked me.."Let me introduce to you our packages laa, maybe you will be interested!" I was like...."Huh?" Puzzled. I have to tell her straight that, "I think you don't need to waste your time, because I don't even like the gowns!" I tell her nicely of course. And off we go!

Time flies! 5 hours gone...next GTC Bridal. My girlfriend told me it has been there for 10 years! Wahh...ok. One of the horror stories I heard of bridal houses is that, they exist for few years and they will close due to bad reputation, and then start a new one. Same boss. Sometimes, same location, just different name! This bridal house is not really big, but seems to have many gowns. One SA attended to us, she looks very experience. She asked us to wait upstairs and she will bring the gowns for me to try on.

Oops, the gown looks familiar! It was the SAME WG that I picked from the 1st bridal. And the EG, I saw the same one too. And I think, lights has a lot of effect. Cuz,the 2nd time I try on the same WG, it wasn't as nice! Hmmm.

So, again, I tried on at least about 10 pcs...and finally, there was this ONE piece that I fell in love with! Yay! Too bad they don't allow to take pictures...it was a new gown, it glitters, and have a long beautiful trail behind. And the new EG, looks good too :) And the price, also down to RM 1,000/=. Yippee Yay! But women, being women...we refuse to sign a confirmation, with the same old reason...I need to consult dearest hubby! And the SA was very polite :) Nice service!

We call it a day....I have made up my mind, based on today's experience, I will sign up with GTC!

No comments: