Tea Ceremony

This is the only tradition that I somehow would insist to be done. The Tea Ceremony. It is when you officially introduce your other half to the entire family members. The Ah-Yees, Khau-Foos, etc, etc. Not only those that are elder, but younger ones as well. Shaking hands to "officially" introduce your other half. No more unofficial title of "Gor Gor" or "Jeh jeh" or whatever.

No matter how I adore the tea ceremony, I always find it a little too *ahem* "un"-hygienic. You see, almost everyone drinks from the same tea cup. Yes, it is washed, but darn, in that small little bowl? Some hardly even change the water :P Imagine those lips that smacked on to the little cup. Eww.

Ok, no sweat. I am not the one drinking it. Close one eye lah.

Then one day, while doing a little bridey shopping, this was what I found:-

I grabbed one packet, consisting 50 small little red "Hei" cups! And cost only RM 4.80! Wahh..cheap! As I mentioned to mum, she too agrees that we serve using paper cups...except of course, the one to my MUM :)
Haa...yeah...the one to her must be the special one! No paper cups for her!!

And I bet, the rest of my uncles and aunties would be glad! They have long joked about these cups having being "recycled" and how, each time, they would just "pretend" to "drink" the tea! Well..at my wedding, they can finish the whole cup!

3 comments:

littleComma said...

*gasp* I didn't know they didn't wash it ! eeeewwwwwwwwww

nancy said...

I would appreciate very much if you could kindly let me know the name and address of the shop where you bought your paper tea ceremony cups. Thanks.

SuGAL said...

Hi Nancy

Details as follows:-
FUN & CHEER SDN BHD
37636, JALAN 6/37A
TAMAN BUKIT MALURI KEPONG.

it is best to call them, just in case they're out of stock. They sell quite a number of wedding stuff too, you might wanna check it out! Call them at 03-62748230. (luckily I still keep the receipt!)