Butterfly kisses...

I was driving home today, stuck in the jam (many crazy people are rushing to the petrol kiosks as fuel prices will increase by 78cents/litre) and suddenly, this song was aired on the radio - Butterfly kisses sung by Bob Carlisle...
Hmm, it brought back so much memories of....my dad.

I guess, every girl dreams of the "perfect" wedding. My version is not a white knight, nor a fairy tale wedding dream. All I wanted to do, was to have a dance with my father, in my wedding gown. A final dance of a father and daughter, before she continues her journey of life. I still remembered those days, where he taught me to dance. Cha-cha, waltz...you name it! Dad luvs dancing. Ballroom dancing to be exact. I still remembered those days when I came back from Dancing Lessons taught at the gym...I would show dad the new steps I've learnt, put on some music, and dad would hold and guide me the right steps. Practice makes perfect, he said. Ahh...those were the days. I
t is so sad that, when I finally decided to walk down the aisle...he is not here to share this happy occassion with me. He is not here to be a part of my life anymore.

Sometimes, I just wished I could turn back time so that I can get married earlier... so that the most important man in my life, is there for me sharing the most important day of my life....Well...if...and only if...

Happy Father's Day, dad...missed you as always...


2 comments:

littleComma said...

*hugz*

SuGAL said...

Thank you, I am sure you knew well how I feel too :)