Weddophobia

A new word was born today: "weddophobia". You can't find it in any dictionary yet, and you sure can't google to find it's definition. This is the site where you will first discover this word - "weddophobia". Simply put, this is a condition experienced by homo sapiens - male or female..the fear of wedding, or more accurately, fear of marriage. I'm doomed. I am a weddophobia. Is it curable? No idea.

I just came back from a short trip with my bf, and weddophobia hits me again. Do I really want to spend my whole life with him? Can I live with him forever and ever? Less than six months of our wedding, it struck me again. It all started from a small incident.

Being booked on a non-smoking floor, my bf smoked in the bathroom! Already, I am putting up with his smoking habit (he knew I hated it) and he usually will walk away to smoke...but that day, he just decided to puff it in the bathroom. Can you imagine that?! How can a person be so lazy and self-centred....gosh! I tried to ignore it, but I can't. In the end, I snubbed him.

Total silence.

He continued playing with his handphone as if it doesn't matter.

Goodness me.

At that point of time, weddophobia came kicking in. What if he smokes in our home next time? (Although he already did now, but I am not staying there yet) I always find that kissing a smoker is akin to kissing an ashtray. Yuck! Imagine that! But then again, tolerance they say. There are millions of smokers in the world, and gosh...how can they stand it??!! My bf was previously a non-smoker. It was so hurtful on the day I found out that he finally gave into this temptation...after so many years. Stress, he said. Sad, I told him.

Weddophobia, weddophobia. I am now having second thoughts for 27th Dec 2008. Sigh.


No comments: